Monday, March 1, 2010

Stonehenge-United Kingdom




This is another nice place that I want to visit....
but I do not know when... @__@

Stonehenge is located in Wiltshire, England. It was built 5000 years ago and no one really sure who build this monument. Many people believe that Stonehenge was built for religious rituals and ceremony purpose. An American astronomer "Gerald Hawkins" stated theory in the early 1960s that Stonehenge was for an astronomical observatory and calendar. He believed that ancient people used the monument to figure out the astronomical phenomena.

Not many informations that I can write in here because I am not really know about this place either. But I really have interest in this monument and I think this place will be nice for visiting.... If you join England tour, they will take you there for sure. Well, I hope I can go there someday,,, ^___^

No comments:

Post a Comment